- Title: Darkblood Academy series (Book 1: Half-Blood; Book 2: Supernatural Slayer Squad; Book 3 TBD)
- Author: G. K. Derosa
- Genre: YA (bordering New Adult) Paranormal/Urban Fantasy Romance (this book really suffices for all the genres!)
- My rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
What I can tell you about this book: Good God, I devoured these books in less than three days! I heard you weren’t supposed to start these books before bed, and I royally screwed up there 🙈 but I regret nothing.
Up until now, Luna thought supernaturals were beings higher up on the food chain, made of up multiple different species including (but not limited to): Witches/Warlocks, Fae, Shifters, Demons, Mermaids, Werewolves and Vampires. Luna definitely never thought she’d be whisked away to the supernatural world by her long-Lost half-sister who, get this, claims she’s got a powerful warlock father.
The next thing Luna knows, she’s dumped at Darkhen Academy, a supe university ruled by the infamous seven- a student descendant representing each of the supernatural houses. Each day is worse than the next, with Luna struggling to find any spark of magic in her fragile human body, as she’s pitted up against classmates who have been honing their powers for their entire lives.
But one very gorgeous, very protective, very off-limits instructor has faith in her magic, and will stop at nothing to show Luna that she belongs at the school more than anyone. Unfortunately, Luna begins to belong too well and her whole life gets thrown topsy-turvy as she starts being hunted by demons who want to see her dead.
- I’d recommend this book to: readers who love a little more spice and sexiness than YA can give you, readers who love Academy books, forbidden slow burn romance, sexy supernatural creatures, cliques and kick ass hero’s and heroines.
- I’d compare this to: Vampire Academy mixed with A Court of Thorns and Roses (for the fae and demons and extra mythical parts!).
- In other words, basically the book I never knew I NEEDED but now want more than chocolate.